CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Syndey here I come

Hey everyone! I'm finally here, can you believe it? I still don't even feel like it's real, it's so amazing though! The flight was awesome and by awesome I mean really I loved it! On the way from LA to Sydney it was a huge plane with our own screens which is pretty normal, but the part that was so great was there were so many good movies to choose from I didn't even want to sleep and I ended up watching four movies and the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds concert! I couldn't have been happier! I left on Sunday night and got to Sydney at 9:30 in the morning on Tuesday, so Monday didn't even exist for me and I'm just glad it wasn't my birthday or something important like that! My friend Wendy and our flatmate Jorge came to get me and we took a bus to our flat, on the bus we met a funny old man who just kept saying "God bless America" after he found out we were from the US, I felt just like a celebrity! :)


This is the cute little cafe we went to right by Brightons work for lunch! Don't worry at this point I still hadn't showered or brushed my teeth, I look good :)

After this Wendy and I just wandered around Sydney, we went to Darling harbour which is so cute and there's tons of restaurants over looking it and lots of shops and stuff! It really is just the coolest city, we found China town and I swear there's just shops everywhere you go it never ends! After Brighton got off work we went shopping for food stuff, everything is so expensive I really can't even believe it! Potatoes were $4 for 4 lbs and a jar of the cheap peanut butter was $5! I guess it's good that their minimum wage is $16.70 because I really don't know how anyone would survive!

It was way rough staying awake with the jet lag but I pushed through the pain and we made it home so I could finally fall asleep around 9:00 (where I slept for 11 hours), but not before I noticed somes sore red little treat all over my legs that burned and itched and by little treat I mean yes I developed hives! I'm so cool, what else is there to say! Pictures to come later! :)

1 comments:

Brighton said...

Jayne...you never fail to amaze me. I only have one complaint, this girl that you speak of that works in Sydney seems pretty great, why don't you post a picture of her?