CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday 6/15- Thursday 6/19


We love Tin Foil Dinners, I just want to eat them everyday, but apparently that's not normal to do....? :)


Yummy Thai Food! Yes I am wearing a Corona shirt.... Awkward! :)

Am I already a week and a half behind? Uh oh I'm in major trouble, because I think I'm actually getting lazier! :) haha This past week has been great I've pretty much been sick all week :( but, here are a few highlights or just random things that make you go haha (ya know it's like play on words, things that make you go hmm....? No? Ok)

Sunday
We went to church, and it's just in this random big building right in the middle of town the first floor is where the missionaries stay and the second floor is the actual church. It's so small, there's a chapel which is tiny and then maybe only four other small rooms. In the chapel there's a piano and an organ and then the relief society room has like an electric keyboard and I think those are the only pianos in the whole place, that has to be a church record or something! :) haha Our ward is a Young Single Adult ward and there are a few Australians but for the most part it's just a lot of Asians and then a few Americans! It's weird having to ride the bus and the train in to church, it makes it feel not real! :)

After church we came home and Brighton was so tired she just wanted to take a nap,
but I was very hyper and didn't think that sounded like a lot of fun so I decided to crawl on the top bunk with her and try to change her mind! :) Needless to say there was not a lot of sleep that happened this day! haha


Wendy was thankfully able to capture this sublime moment, you can really see how much fun we were having!

Monday
There's an awesome running path that runs from Bronte Beach, which is the beach right by us, up to Bondi Beach that's a little over 2 miles. It's right along the ocean and seriously the most amazing view! I don't love to run, but if I do run I wanna do it along the ocean from now on! :) It was kinda rainy when we ran and also after as we walked to Bondi Junction. Along the way we found a Dominos that had a lunch pizza special and we were so excited to eat our Hawaiian Pizza at a bus stop outside we just couldn't even contain ourselves! With the weather being rainy and cold and then walking around in it all day, I got a little sick and fell asleep super early that night. But Brighton and Wendy were up and apparently I kept drifting in and out of consciousness saying random things to them that didn't make sense because I was so confused at what was happening!


This is Bronte Beach and the run goes up along the rocks and around to another cove!

Tuesday
I had developed a little cough from the day before so Wendy and I went to the pharmacy to get some cough medecine, once we got outside we couln't remember how much I supposed to take because it was only listed in mL which doesn't mean a thing to either of us and we couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4 teaspoons or 3 or 4 tablespoons. I was in a lot pain so I decided the latter sounded like a better option and took a couple big swigs right there on the street. It was nasty stuff of course but after I felt like I was on cloud nine! Upon closer examination and figuring out, we realized I was only supposed to take 3 teaspoons and instead I had downed half the bottle! :) So needless to say, I walked around the rest of the day feeling a little tipsy! :) haha I'm also ashamed to say, that this day we gave in and ate subway for lunch, we've been so brave trying new food everyday but we just couldn't hold back! For dinner we also got all the stuff and made Tin Foil dinners! It was so delicious and so just like sitting around a campfire singing 'koom bai ya'!


Tuesday we also invaded Brighton's work!

Wednesday
We decided to go on a little trek around our neighborhood to see what we could find and we came across this way great park (there are parks everywhere here) that had a rugby field and lots of space and we think it was some kind of cricket batting cage or something and then all these basketball courts only the baskets didn't have backboards just hoops and they don't dribble the ball they just pass it around like ultimate frisbee where you can't run when you have the ball, it was weird. All these little kids were playing everywhere, and they were so cute especially the little 8 year olds that were playing tackle rugby and they loved it so much! Wendy and I also played a little frisbee and then got some reading in!


I love Dragon books!

Thursday
We tried Thai for the first time on Thursday, it was so cheap and so delicious! And apparently the official food of Australia! We tried Pad Thai and a couple other things it was way great! One thing that is weird to get used to, is that all the prices you see anywhere are after sales tax and you pretty much don't tip anywhere, so if a menu says it's $7.20 that's all you pay, no tax no tip nothing! It's kinda nice not having to worry about that stuff and Australians think it's so weird that when we go to the store and stuff we never know exactly how much we're going to pay because of tax!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I also love tin foil dinners! I won't judge you! But I will judge you for reading dragon books! Lame-o!! :)

Caskey Crew said...

Jayne I'm loving your hair! It's so cute! And that thai food looked so good that I got my appetite back even though I miss you so much...

Cara said...

I'm glad you made it to Australia! (I popped over from Brighton's blog) I'm so jealous you guys get to travel around together!
Cara