CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Hey Hey! Look at me, two posts so close together! I think this is a new record! Well we are getting ready to head off to the Gold Coast tomorrow (Saturday night)! We'll be staying with two different contacts and we're super pumped! The weather should a little warmer and there's supposed to be some awesome beaches! Anyway I just wanted to get caught up until at least this point so I just figured I'd throw up a bunch of pics and call it good! I'm not even sure if anyone reads this anymore, but I miss you all and sadly slash happily enough I'll be home in four short weeks! Well here's a rundown of how things have been in the last week!


Wednesday the 2nd we went to beach! I was so happy to be there with my friends I drew a heart in the sand with our initials, some people might be worried about the meaning of this.... :)


I was the only one who wore shorts that day, so I made Brighton get on my back and trust me to walk out in the water! A wave came up and surprised us and I had to sacrifice myself and get so wet but I didn't even drop her, if that's not friendship I don't know what is!


How amazing is this? Yeah, I live right by here!!


This picture doesn't even make sense, but these cliffs are sweet!


I'm like a kid in a candy store! I love it (and by it I mean candy) times a billion! Thursday was another special day we stopped by the candy store and got so much free candy!


Friday was the 4th of July and we were so sad that none of the Australians wanted to celebrate American Independence? I don't get it? :) But so many great things happened, but first and foremost one of my great friends Lindsey Anderson qualified for the Beijing Olympics in the 3000 meter steeplechase!! I was so excited to hear the news, we bought these sweet plastics medals in her honor! Then we lit these sweet sparkly sparklers in honor of lady liberty! It was a good night!


I was getting so nervous to find out about Lindsey all I could do is hold my trusty soccer ball and clutch HP in desperation as I searched for the results!


We were even feeling so patriotic we made red, white, and blue shakes!... Yes those are Australian flags on top, strangely enough we couldn't find any American flags, but not for lack of asking every barmaid and bouncer from here to the Opera House!


This is Paddy's Market where we went Saturday again. They have all the cheap fruit and veggies and tons of trinket and souvenir shops!


We love to go clubbin in pink shirts with the coolest characters from our favorite Disney Channel original TV show.... and by we I mean just me!! I really do!
We went to a place called Home Night Club, it's right in Darling Harbour and it's like 3 level high and looks right out over the water into the wharf! We met some people there we had met the week before. Australians favorite kind of music is House, which pretty much just reminds me of Techno music, so when we first got there that's all they played! It's way hard to dance to... But by the end of the night they were playing some fun R&B and Hip-Hop, so it was way great! Just super hot inside, and so many creepy guys just wanted to be our best friend! The best was this Indian guy (dot not feather) who kept trying to get Wendy to dance with him so we just tried to move somewhere else and he grabs her arm and says, "Please I just need to know your name" so she told him it was Wendy and then Brighton was able to just drag her away. But after a few minutes he came and found her again and just as we were running away he says, "Wendy, dance with me" in his Indian accent, it was totally classic :) haha Seriously hilarious!


We love ice cream with Chocolate and Peanut Butter mixed in! Their Ice Cream is so airy and fluffy, it's easy to mix everything like a shake because it's so airy it just melts down and blends super fast! Also apparently over here they take the phrase Milk Shake to heart because everywhere I've ordered a shake it is literally a little bit of ice cream with whatever flavor and then the rest is milk, so it's not thick at all! And usually ends up tasting like strawberry milk or whatever flavor!


This is just one picture of the Blue Mountains, they are beautiful! I will blog about that experience the next time I get on, but I just want to make sure all of you were aware that I almost died and now you should feel doubly lucky to still have me around!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

jayne! when the heck did you get a blog and why the heck are you in australia?! Wow that is so awesome. It looks like so much fun! Man, I sure do miss you. Hey we also have a blog, you should go check it out if ya like. So you'll be back in a month?

Danny & Haley Hill said...

Heyyyy! I love the dot not feather comment. That is a Best Buy original comment and I still say it a lot! It cracks me up and I'm glad you are still using it too! We watched Lindsey on the news last night and I was hoping you knew her! And Dan and I went boating on Sat. and drove thru Morgan and I thought of you...cute. Anyway, have fun kids!

Amy Johnson said...

I just caught up on all your happenings! I'm so excited for you to come back!!! I got a new cell phone that I hope your just slightly jealous of! I thought of you while I was being giddy about it! I now know how you feel about cell phones...wait, no I don't! :)

Cody and Liesel said...

Jayne, when are you going to update us again on Australia? :) I hope things are going well down there!