CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm practically halfway to 30 already!


We walked out of our hostel Saturday morning to find this market had popped up out of nowhere, it lasted forever and there were tons of fresh fruit and veggies!

Wednesday April 7
Nothing too exciting happened on Wednesday other than the fact that it was another challenging day at school trying to understand my profersora, and that actually wasn't so much exciting as it was a new outlook on Peru for me.... Ya know the part where it's hard for me to understand them is something new and different! :)

Also went back to Chez Maggy for more chips and guac, I seriously feel like I've died and gone to heaven when I eat at that place! :)

Thursday April 8
Had the usual for breakfast today, oatmeal and bread, however I will note the addition of a few friendly ants crawling on my bread.... It's amazing all the new friends I've made here! :) You just gotta laugh to yourself and say, "Only in Peru!" and then brush the ants off and finish your breakfast!

After lunch Isabelle stepped out to feed the dogs, but I guess she was expecting an important phone call because she asked me to answer the phone if it rang.... Say what? Yeah, I was sweatin bullets for the 10 minutes she was gone, I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life for the phone not to ring! The only dialogue I could come up with if it did ring was, "Alo?" "Whatever they were gonna say back" and "Isabelle no en la casa, lo siento, ella regresa en diez minutos" click.... That roughly translates to me sounding like a big dumb moron! hahahaha I really dodged a bullet with that one!


This is us playing soccer in the rain nonstop for 2 hours! Now if only I could figure out a way to make this happen every night of the week I would feel right at home.... :)

Later on I was at the school working on my blog when my professor from the first week Jose came and asked me if I was gonna play soccer (he had told me they play every Thursday but I hadn't seen anything posted about a time) and I said I hadn't heard anything about it, so he told me to be at the school by 7:40! I seriously could have kissed him I was so pumped that he had remembered to tell me! So I went home and got my stuff just as it started raining like nobody's business! I got soaked as it took me 10 minutes to get a cab to stop and right when the taxi pulled up everyone was getting in taxi's to go play, I like to play it close! There were 3 girls and 4 boys from our school and we went to this outdoor soccer place that is cement fields, there were a bunch of other Spanish students from other schools as well! It was way fun but the rain made it pretty slick! I'll be honest, I got lucky and scored a couple goals and all the guys were like, wow a chica that knows how to play! I was eating it up!



Friday April 9

Go shorty it's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday! All I wanted was for someone to sing me this song that day, but nobody would oblige, so instead I sang it to myself in my head all day long!


How cute is my host mom? I woke up and she had been hard at work getting things ready for me! She even sang a special rendition of Happy Birthday in English! She even made me a bag or goodies for the trip!

Today was the day we were heading to Puno and Lake Titticaca so after school we grabbed some lunch (the flattest hamburger you've ever seen with some homemade papas fritas, don't worry I definitely introduced the group to fry sauce while I was at it!) then we headed to the bus station which is crazy! There's live chickens chilling in sacks on the backs of strong Peruvian women, you have to pay .5 soles to use the most disgusting smelly bathroom you've seen in your life and to top things off I didn't even get special treatment because it was my birthday.... :)

It was an 8 hour bus ride in seriously first class conditions! The chair laid all the way and we had full on leg rests as well! I felt like a million bucks, especially when they even gave me a buttered crossiant with saltine crackers and a light mint, that right there was when I knew I had it made in S. America! :)


This was what we wandered into Friday night after we checked in to our hostel! Clearly they were throwing this massive even because they heard I was turning the big 2 5!

After checking in to our hostel, we could hear a loud ruckus in the form of a band and followed our ears to a big party in the street, there were so many people, but we were seriously the only white people in sight and everyone kept staring at us like it was there job! Also had to make a mental note to self, don't walk in the back of the group you will get grabbed.... We wandered around for a minute and then stopped to listen to the music and chillin, it was very latino and they never stopped, I'm not quite sure if it was one long song or they just loved playing so much they didn't want to transition from song to song so they just never stopped playing! After a few minutes of hangin out we couldn't help but notice we had a lurker who was staring and slowly trying to inch his way in to our cirlce, all the while dancing and acting like it was normal. Finally one of the girls in our group Julia (she's from Germany and you pronounce it you-lee-a) started dancing with him and I thought I was gonna die it was so funny!


This was at the dock Saturday morning when we found the boat to take us to the islands, the scenery was so beautiful even without us in it!

1 comments:

Holly said...

So fun! You crack me up like always! Have a great day!